ISA is unique in representing the full range of independent schools. We are passionate in supporting our Members so that they can make a positive difference to the life-chances of children in their care.
We work with Heads from over 431 of the best accredited schools across the UK and beyond to:
• provide the highest quality information and advice, immediately responding to the needs of our Members in areas such as HR, legal, inspection, curriculum…
• promote support networks and fellowship regionally, nationally and internationally, including our seven thriving ISA Areas around the country
• provide enrichment opportunities for pupils in Area and National Competitions for Sport, Drama and the Arts, at world-leading venues such as the London Olympic Park
• arrange high-quality conferences and professional development courses to foster excellence in education
• promote initiatives and provide access to a wide range of member services /resources
• influence educational debate on behalf of our Members, promoting independence and choice
ISA Members value innovation and inspiration, building on the best traditions to promote integrity, high standards, industry and responsibility. We value the diversity of our Members’ schools which cover the complete age range and vary in size and nature, from early years to senior, boarding and day, all-through schools, co-educational and single gender, and specialist schools in the arts and music.
All Members and their schools share a desire to meet fully the needs of the young people in their care, treating everyone as individuals and providing a high-quality and personalised education. They encourage pupils to make the most of their talents, building confidence through academic achievement and offering a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities.
ISA exists for its Members, recognising that high quality support is essential if Heads are to run successful schools.