ISA Area and National Art Competitions for Independent Schools 2017
Thank you to du Pre Plc, sponsor of ISA Art 2016 and ISA Gold Supplier.
Click here to download the Art Handbook 2017. Some classes, categories and definitions have changed for 2017, so please do check through carefully.
Summary of main changes to Art 2017
- Entry labels to be fixed to the back, bottom left hand corner.
- Some classes/age groups have changed, please check carefully
- Some area art coordinators have changed
- Only single pieces/images can be submitted – no diptychs, triptychs, co-mounted pieces, photograph pairs, etc.
- Photos with significant digital enhancement, should be entered in the Film & Digital Art Competition, not the regional art competition, photography class.
- New for 2017, Pupils’ Choice Award. Watch out for information on how to vote!
We are delighted to announce the winners of the ISA Art 2016 competition classes. Please click here to download the full results. Congratulations to everyone who exhibited and especially to the winners.
(These details will be used in our printed brochure and certificates, so if you spot any spelling mistakes, please notify us immediately.)
Certificates and brochures will be sent to all participating schools in the New Year.
From our Adjudicator: “The work that was displayed during the competition final was wonderful to see. The diversity of subject and style within the categories made my job of judging difficult, but exciting. I was very impressed with the level of skill that was displayed across all age groups and every student should be exceptionally proud of all they have accomplished. I have tried to pick out a couple of pieces that I might have wanted to make a special mention of, however, I couldn’t narrow the list down. Each piece resonated with me in its own individual way and for me this is what art is about – individual expression.
“Once again congratulations to all that took part.”
Please contact ISA with any further queries regarding the national Art Competition.
Our published brochure of the 2015 National Finals Exhibition gives a good flavour of the quality and breadth of this competition.
Only schools whose Head is a full Member with ISA are eligible to enter these competitions.
Please contact our membership department to enquire about joining ISA.