ISA Area and National Art Competitions for Independent Schools 2017
Congratulations to Jessica Moody,
Our Lady’s Convent School, Loughborough
winner of the ISA Pupils’ Choice Award 2017
for her drawing of Lucy.
Click here to download the Art Handbook 2017. Some classes, categories and definitions have changed for 2017, so please do check through carefully.
The handbook includes the dates for the regional qualification rounds as well as contact details for the volunteer regional art coordinator for each area, in case you have not received details on how to enter.
Summary of main changes to Art 2017
- Entry labels to be fixed to the back, bottom left hand corner.
- Some classes/age groups have changed, please check carefully
- Some area art coordinators have changed
- Only single pieces/images can be submitted – no diptychs, triptychs, co-mounted pieces, photograph pairs, etc.
- Photos with significant digital enhancement, should be entered in the Film & Digital Art Competition, not the regional art competition, photography class.
The published brochure of the 2016 Final can be viewed electronically here.
From our Adjudicator: “The work that was displayed during the competition final was wonderful to see. The diversity of subject and style within the categories made my job of judging difficult, but exciting. I was very impressed with the level of skill that was displayed across all age groups and every student should be exceptionally proud of all they have accomplished. I have tried to pick out a couple of pieces that I might have wanted to make a special mention of, however, I couldn’t narrow the list down. Each piece resonated with me in its own individual way and for me this is what art is about – individual expression. Once again congratulations to all that took part.”
Please contact ISA with any further queries regarding the national Art Competition.
Only schools whose Head is a full Member with ISA are eligible to enter these competitions. Please contact our membership department to enquire about joining ISA.