ISA Area and National Art Competitions for Independent Schools 2017
Congratulations to Jessica Moody,
Our Lady’s Convent School, Loughborough
winner of the ISA Pupils’ Choice Award 2017
for her drawing of Lucy.
Click here to download the Art Handbook 2017. Some classes, categories and definitions have changed for 2017, so please do check through carefully.
Summary of main changes to Art 2017
- Entry labels to be fixed to the back, bottom left hand corner.
- Some classes/age groups have changed, please check carefully
- Some area art coordinators have changed
- Only single pieces/images can be submitted – no diptychs, triptychs, co-mounted pieces, photograph pairs, etc.
- Photos with significant digital enhancement, should be entered in the Film & Digital Art Competition, not the regional art competition, photography class.
- New for 2017, Pupils’ Choice Award. Watch out for information on how to vote!
Full results of the 2016 National Finals can be viewed here. Congratulations to all. Certificates and brochures were sent to participating schools in February. Please contact us immediately if you have not received yours. The published brochure of the 2016 Final has been sent to all participants and can be viewed electronically here.
From our Adjudicator: “The work that was displayed during the competition final was wonderful to see. The diversity of subject and style within the categories made my job of judging difficult, but exciting. I was very impressed with the level of skill that was displayed across all age groups and every student should be exceptionally proud of all they have accomplished. I have tried to pick out a couple of pieces that I might have wanted to make a special mention of, however, I couldn’t narrow the list down. Each piece resonated with me in its own individual way and for me this is what art is about – individual expression. Once again congratulations to all that took part.”
Please contact ISA with any further queries regarding the national Art Competition.