Dukes Education is delighted to announce the purchase of Kneller Hall in Twickenham – alongside plans to transform the grade II-listed Ministry of Defence (MoD) building into a brand new, state-of-the-art Upper School for nearby Radnor House.
The Dukes team of architects and designers are currently working at pace on plans to sensitively transform the hall and grounds into a school dedicated to an exceptional secondary education. Maximising the Kneller’s fantastic 60,000 square footage and wonderful character, the new school will include:
• A celebration of the arts, with studios for art, textiles and design, alongside dedicated music and performance areas.
• Excellent opportunities for sport, with a new sports hall and re-developed outdoor spaces, including extensive playing fields, an all-weather pitch and a multi-use games area (MUGA).
• Outstanding facilities for science and technology, with fully equipped science labs and cutting-edge design-technology-innovation suites.
• The creation of an ecological corridor, to be enjoyed across the community.
• Opportunities to build links with local groups, share the site’s fantastic outdoor spaces and place Radnor House at the heart of the community.
With impressive public exam results, strong pastoral care, expanding co-curricular programme and cross the board ‘excellent’ ISI ratings, Radnor House has grown considerably in popularity and now carries a waiting list of pupils wishing to join the school. The addition of Kneller Hall to the school’s estate will enable us to expand Radnor’s provision to more young people, while safeguarding the site for education and local benefit for years to come.
Aatif Hassan, Founder and Chairman, Dukes Education, said: “Every Dukes school is dedicated to giving its students the foundations for an extraordinary life – and we are thrilled that through the purchase of Kneller Hall, and investment in Radnor House, we can set even more young people on the path to happy, successful and fulfilling futures. The site is a wonderful local landmark, and we are looking forward to building links with many local and community groups as we progress with this exciting project.”
Darryl Wideman, Headteacher, Radnor House, said: “This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for Radnor House, giving our wonderful teachers state-of-the-art facilities in which to create a truly outstanding educational experience within the friendly, family environment for which we are known.”