ISA is unique in representing the full range of independent schools. We are passionate in supporting our Members so that they can make a positive difference to the life-chances of children in their care.
We work with Heads from over 569 of the best accredited schools across the UK and beyond to:
• provide the highest quality information and advice, immediately responding to the needs of our Members in areas such as HR, legal, inspection, curriculum
• promote support networks and fellowship regionally, nationally and internationally, including our seven thriving ISA Areas around the country
• provide enrichment opportunities for pupils in Area and National Competitions for Sport, Drama and the Arts, at world-leading venues such as the London Olympic Park
• arrange high-quality conferences and professional development courses to foster excellence in education
• promote initiatives and provide access to a wide range of member services and resources
• influence educational debate on behalf of our Members, promoting independence and choice
You can view the full range of ISA benefits in our Member Zone.
This infographic provides a projection of our current membership profile, as well as our activity throughout the last academic year.
Feedback from Members
When asked what they valued most about belonging to ISA, members said…
“It was so reassuring to be able to contact Neil and Peter during our inspection, when issues were being raised about compliance. Their experience and knowledge, meant they were able to give wise advice as to how to approach and understand the inspectors’ probing and some of their more surprising expectations!”
“As a new member of ISA, I have been most impressed with the organisation. When I have contacted the Association, I have received first-class advice and assistance – thank you.”
“The ISA team offer such fabulous support and are always extremely efficient and friendly.”
“I found the whole ISA conference experience incredibly friendly and enriching … As always, excellent speakers who make me enthusiastic to take new ideas back to school.”
“The difference being in the ISA has made to my confidence as a Head. I was very anxious about attending the (Heads Induction) Conference, as I was not sure I was up to standard and would feel very outclassed. However everyone was very friendly and the speakers were excellent. Most importantly we do now feel we are not managing alone, being so small can make you worry you will miss important changes in legislation etc.”
“The CEO and his expertise – he is a genuine support.”
“The chance for me, my staff and my pupils to get into other schools.”
“The chance to get our name and news of our successes out there!”
“The kite mark of quality that belonging to a premier association provides.”
“The sense of achievement our pupils get from taking part in regional and national sporting events. Parents love it too!”