The ISA offers a number of different prizes for pupils in the schools of ISA Members. Click on the plus signs below to expand the sections and access the information about the individual awards available.
The Whitbread Memorial Prize (GCSE)
The Whitbread Memorial Prize recognizes and celebrates outstanding involvement in, and service to, wider aspect of school and community life; in conjunction with achieving academic excellence in year 11 exams (including GCSEs, iGCSEs or other).
We are delighted to announce the results for 2021:
Winner: Isabelle Engestrom, Abbot’s Hill School
Highly Commended: Augustin Bioche, Lycee Internationale; Theo Coleman, Ealing Independent College; Sofia Perez, King’s High, Warwick.
For more information on Isabelle’s achievements inside and outside her schooling at Abbot’s Hill, read the article on our website here.
The Whitbread Roll of Honour and previous winners
Click here for the Whitbread Roll of Honour, which includes all pupils nominated by their school for the Whitbread Prize.
- 2021 – Isabelle Engestrom, Abbot’s Hill School
- 2020 – Maxime Hashem, Wetherby Senior School
- 2019 – Emily Keogh, Our Lady of Sion School
- 2018 – Sebastian Carvello, Sancton Wood School
- 2017 – Elliot Butterworth, Derby Grammar School
- 2016 – Todd Lindley, Claires Court
- 2015 – Christian Smaditch, The Dixie Grammar School
- 2014 – Aditi Rangan, Red House School
- 2013 – Emily Allen, Bowbrook House School and Gabriella Lindley, Claires Court
- 2012 – Emily Atkins, Sancton Wood School
- 2011 – Rikhil Raithatha, Swaminaryan School
The Lexden Prize for Sixth Formers
The Lexden prize celebrates the achievement of sixth formers; achievement and education are considered in the broadest sense, definitely not just academic. Each ISA Member may nominate their “most remarkable sixth form student”.
The entry process has three parts: a short nomination from the ISA Member, a personal statement by the nominee and a sample piece of assessed written work.
Nominations are now open for the 2022 prize. Click here to download further details and a copy of the nomination form. The closing date for nominations is 6 May 2022. The form must be submitted as a MS Word document.
The Lexden Roll of Honour and previous winners
Click here for the Lexden Roll of Honour, which includes all pupils nominated by their school for the Lexden Prize.
- 2021 – Cyrus Zarrebini, Queen Ethelburga’s College
- 2020 – Buraq Ahmed, Cardiff Sixth Form College
- 2019 – Megan Wray, Kingsley School, Bideford
- 2018 – Abhiram Sasitharan, Oxford International College
If you have any queries about these awards, please contact Karen Goddard
Only schools whose Head is a Member with ISA are eligible to enter these competitions.