The ISA offers a number of different prizes for pupils in the schools of ISA Members. Click on the plus signs below to expand the sections and access the information about the individual awards available.
The Whitbread Memorial Prize (GCSE)
The prize is now open for nominations.
The Whitbread Memorial Prize recognizes and celebrates outstanding involvement in, and service to, wider aspect of school and community life; in conjunction with achieving academic excellence in year 11 exams (including GCSEs, iGCSEs or other).
The entry criteria for nomination for the prize is based on excellence achieved in academic results, achieved in a single sitting. Nominees should be from the highest achieving pupils in their year group. For schools offering GCSEs, it is suggested that nominees include pupils scoring mostly 9s and 8s. For those taking other academic curricula, the scale of grading should be made clear.
The adjudicators consider the nominations on the basis of the broader achievements of the entrants, and in particular their service to the school and wider community.
Full details and application form available on this link.
The closing date for nominations is Monday, 27 September (9am).
The Whitbread Roll of Honour and previous winners
Click here for the Whitbread Roll of Honour, which includes all pupils nominated by their school for the Whitbread Prize.
- 2020 – Maxime Hashem, Wetherby Senior School
- 2019 – Emily Keogh, Our Lady of Sion School
- 2018 – Sebastian Carvello, Sancton Wood School
- 2017 – Elliot Butterworth, Derby Grammar School
- 2016 – Todd Lindley, Claires Court
- 2015 – Christian Smaditch, The Dixie Grammar School
- 2014 – Aditi Rangan, Red House School
- 2013 – Emily Allen, Bowbrook House School and Gabriella Lindley, Claires Court
- 2012 – Emily Atkins, Sancton Wood School
- 2011 – Rikhil Raithatha, Swaminaryan School
The Lexden Prize for Sixth Formers
The Lexden prize celebrates the achievement of sixth formers; achievement and education are considered in the broadest sense, definitely not just academic. Each ISA Member may nominate their “most remarkable sixth form student”.
We are delighted to announce that the winner for 2021 is:
Cyrus Zarrebini, Queen Ethelburga’s College
Runner Up: Molly McGrath, Malvern St James
Highly Commended: Nyasha Makwarimba, Oxford Sixth Form College
The Lexden Roll of Honour and previous winners
Click here for the Lexden Roll of Honour, which includes all pupils nominated by their school for the Lexden Prize.
- 2020 – Buraq Ahmed, Cardiff Sixth Form College (SW)
- 2019 – Megan Wray, Kingsley School, Bideford (SW)
- 2018 – Abhiram Sasitharan, Oxford International College (LN)
If you have any queries about these awards, please contact Karen Goddard
Only schools whose Head is a Member with ISA are eligible to enter these competitions.