The ISA National Visual Art Competition is held annually. It is a wonderful opportunity for schools to showcase their pupils’ art and for teachers to share best practice and ideas. There are dozens of classes to cover different age groups and genres, from traditional 2D art, through to fashion and photography.
The ISA Art Handbook 2018 is now available to download. This booklet provides you with detailed information about the competition and how to enter. Qualification to the national competition is through area qualification. You can contact your volunteer area art coordinator (details in the handbook) for information about the competition in your area.
2018 Regional Competition dates
South West: 26 April 2018 at St Joseph’s School, Launceston PL15 8HN
London South: 14 June 2018 at St Faith’s at Ash, Canterbury CT3 2HH
London North: 11 Oct 2018 at the Marriott Hotel, Waltham Abbey EN93LX
London West: 2 October 2018 at Norden Farm Centre for the Arts SL6 4PF
East: 13 Oct 2018 at Saint Nicholas School, Old Harlow CM17 0NJ
Midlands: 9 Oct 2018 at St Dominic’s Brewood, Staffs ST19 9BA
North: 20 Sept 2018 at Greenbank Preparatory School, Cheadle Hulme SK8 6HU
ISA 2017 National Art Competition Finals
The 2017 National Art Competition Finals brochure is available here! The complete list of all winners can be accessed here. Congratulations to all of the schools and their pupils who reached Finals this year.
Pupils’ Choice Award
The Pupils’ Choice Award is an opportunity for student voice in your school. Your group/class of pupils view a presentation of the 2017 winners and vote for their favourites.
Congratulations to Kamile from Normanhurst School for her drawing ‘Kitten’, winner of the Pupils’ choice Award 2017!
Cover Design competition 2018-19
Competition for the cover of the ISA Sports programmes 2018-19
Entries are open NOW
We are looking for the next drawing to go on the programme covers for three of our very popular Sports competitions: Swimming, Triathlon, and Athletics (2018-19).
Entries should be sent via this Google form by Monday 16th July 2018.
- The image must be portrait.
- Image must be high-res JPEG image.
- Text must not be included.
- Any medium can be used.
- Age range is 3-18 and each competitor may submit one entry only per category (swimming, triathlon or athletics).
- All work submitted must be the pupil’s own; if there has been any additional input, for example from a member of staff or a parent, including technical assistance, this must be declared.
- This competition is only open to current pupils of ISA Members’ schools.
- Schools can submit a maximum of 10 entries per school.
- Each entry must be on a separate form.
- The ISA judging decision is final and neither competitors nor teachers may enter into discussion or correspondence regarding the choice of winner.
- The image can be created using any medium including digital creation and photography.
Good luck to everyone, we look forward to receive your entries.
If you have any queries about the competition, please contact our National Arts assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Only schools whose Head is a Member with ISA are eligible to enter these competitions.
Please contact our membership department to enquire about joining ISA.