Date(s) - 11/06/2019
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Are you unclear on where to start with the computing curriculum, or would like ideas on how to bring computing to life? Would you like to secure your own understanding or be sure that you are have a strong offering in this area? This course is designed to support teachers in ensuring they have a complete understanding of coding and computing and how to confidently deliver the curriculum in ways that spark the imaginations of our younger pupils.
Who should attend?
All Nursery and Early Years practitioners, Year 1 and 2 teachers, ICT subject leads, Directors of Studies or School Leaders looking to enhance and enrich the computing curriculum across their setting and strengthen their own teaching and subject knowledge.
• The Computing Curriculum for non-specialists: The 8 things you need to know
• Computational thinking in the EYFS and KS1
• Approaches for bringing computing to life
• Teaching coding with and without a computer
• Making space for computing in your setting
• Teaching strategies, lesson ideas and where to obtain a wealth of quality resources
Course tutor: Joe Warren
Feedback from previous delegates
“The teacher was fun and engaging. He was excited about his topic and knew what he was talking about.”
“The course tutor was a very knowledgeable person, especially when talking about computing within the curriculum. The course tutor interacted with us in a very approachable and down-to-earth way, something that helped us take in what he was saying.”
“Joe asked us what we would like to get out of the course and tailored the course to our needs which was invaluable.”
Secured by WorldPay