Date(s) - 13/02/2020
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Quinton House School
Middle leaders often find themselves at the epicentre of conflicting demands and pressures – from parents, senior leaders, team members and colleagues and not least pupils. When you are constantly firefighting it is easy to lose sight of why you wanted the role in the first place.
Who should attend?
This course is focussed on those new to middle leadership, aspiring to achieve that role, or those that just feel the need to reboot themselves and rediscover the joy of leadership.
Leading or managing – an important distinction?
- Leadership and management – two sides of the same coin?
- Styles of leadership and the characteristics of highly effective leaders
- Developing your leadership credentials
The art thriving and not just surviving
- Managing workload – swimming not drowning through paperwork, email and the question “do you have two minutes…?”
- Dr Who is not the only Time Lord… and how to become one
- Meetings – a misuse of time or a rewarding collaboration?
Leading and developing the team
- The importance of vision, principles and modelling
- Assessing my team – how good are we?
- Taking the team forward – individually and collectively
- Successful difficult conversations
Change – if, when and how..
- Are you thinking strategically?
- You as the lead change agent and the role of the team
Course tutor: Paul Bevis
You might also be interested in these Leadership and Management courses
Secured by WorldPay