Date(s) - 01/12/2020
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all staff including Pastoral Care and Early Intervention and Prevention.
Aims of the course:
- To improve all practitioner’s front-line skills in maintaining a harmonious, supportive school community with a clear and comprehensive ‘Pupil Peer Ambassador’ Programme for ISI Inspection best practice.
- Learn conflict resolution tools and techniques within a simple tool kit, that helps to provide solutions to modern day issues regarding bullying, stress, anger and anxiety (resources for group work and one to one).
- Understand the creative and interactive ‘Train the Trainer’ cascade programme, a supportive, holistic approach, which will help professionals to improve pupil’s leadership skills and resilience, strong identity and robust personal wellbeing.
- Tackle tricky modern-day situations and scenarios with sustainable resources regarding personal safety, bully defence tools, and top tips for maximising personal and academic success.
By the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand the definition, cause, cycle and effect of the modern-day world
- Use sustainable lesson plans and resources to provide whole school support and in turn, produce a harmonious, well rounded school community
- Understand the importance of building relationships with pupils and students by installing positive, and being able to effectively challenge peer-on-peer negative behaviour by teaching a step by step mediation skills approach
- Practice and disseminate all learnt tools and techniques for direct work, which in turn will raise pupil’s confidence and self-esteem to adopt healthy relationships, provide conflict resolution skills and personal aspirations for the future.
- Improve presentation and leadership skills for School Assemblies and Parent Information Sessions by active peer engagement and evidence of best practice engagement within the wider school community.
Brave the Rage will provide numerous Lesson Plans and Resources in the form of icebreakers, movie clips, games, quizzes, case studies and role plays.
Course tutor: Julie Wilkinson
You might also be interested in these Mental Health courses
Secured by WorldPay