For many people, their first introduction to sailing comes from watching it at the Olympics. Sailing, or yachting to be more precise, first appeared at the Olympic Games in 1900, making it one of the oldest sports on the Olympic programme, where it has been ever-present since its reintroduction in 1908. The sport’s name changed from ‘yachting’ to ‘sailing’ at the Sydney Games in 2000.
Please check the event information for an amendment to the NOR
This event is now closed for entries
*Boats are available for hire ranging from £50 – £100. Please contact Datchet Water Sailing Club and see below for more details.
Event Information (previous years as example)
- ISA Sport would like to encourage schools to enter pupils from 8-18 years old into the 2018 ISA National Sailing Regatta.
- There will be a minimum of three to a maximum of 5 races, and arrival will be between 09:00 & 10:00 (TBC) with the first race starting at 10:30. The event will finish on the water at 15:00 approximately, with prize giving completed by 16:00.
- There will be 40 places available for avid sailors. The Portsmouth Yardstick handicap system will be used for single handed and double handed events. This will ensure the age of the children and boat type will not affect the competition.
- The sailing club at the venue has boats available for hire (all boats £50 damage deposit). These include Oppies £50, Toppers £75, Lasers £100, RS Fevas £100. Liaise with DWSC directly to hire their boats.
- Pupils will require swimwear, footwear, and a towel as well as their own lunch, drinks and snacks. The cost per single handed entry will be £15 and £20 for a double handed entry. There will be trophies and medals available for the winners.
- Cheques should be made payable to Datchet Water Sailing Club and sent to Datchet Water Sailing Club, Queen Mother Reservoir, Horton Road, Berkshire, SL3 9NT. If you have any inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and copy in email@example.com.
- You can also pay via BACS by requesting their bank details by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org