“Nurture, Grow and Empower”
The Family Wellness practice is a specialist team of mental health professionals supporting schools via:
- Delivering interactive, CPD accredited workshops on promoting mental health for staff, students and parents. Our portfolio of workshops are designed to help schools work towards achieving a “whole school approach” towards mental health and wellbeing.
- Providing therapeutic services such as supervision and reflective practice to staff and counselling for both students and staff.
The practice is led and directed by Consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist Dr Kiran Nijabat, who uses her front line experience in dealing with mental health trauma, along with her team of mental health professionals to provide expert knowledge and trending data to schools. All our training and therapeutic services are available face to face or online, giving schools the flexibility to choose a platform which suits their needs.
The Family Wellness Practice has delivered workshops and offered therapeutic services both nationally and internationally to schools with outstanding feedback:
“Compassionate, insightful, practical- the advice Dr Nijabat gave us was invaluable. She helped us see the children we care for through
fresh eyes. Highly recommended.”
– Joe Layburn Head Teacher at Bancroft’s Prep School
“We attended a webinar for staff across the group and the vast majority found it to be useful in developing their understanding and giving them techniques that they could employ back in school. We dealt with Kiran directly and she was attentive and flexible in order to gain a full picture of our needs as an organisation. Kiran’s knowledge is superb and her manner approachable and collegiate.”
– Sam Selby, Education Director at Bellevue
“We worked directly with Dr Nijabat who delivered some mental health first aid training for our staff and a workshop for parents. Her workshops were excellent.”
– Androulla Nicholas, Head Teacher at Park School for Girls