Primary Criteria for eligibility to make an application to the fund:
1. The pupil must attend an ISA Member’s school.
2. The pupil must already be in receipt of substantial means-tested bursary funding from the school and/or another fund (usually at least 50% of published full school fees).
3. The family must require additional support for the costs of additional items relating to the education of the pupil, on top of school fees (i.e. the item(s) for which funding is requested should not be covered by the existing means-tested bursary).
4. Each school may make a maximum of one application per Deakin meeting. If the application is for siblings, then one form should be completed for each child, but if submitted at the same time, these would be considered together and would count as one application.
The Deakin Trust:
• does not normally make grants towards the core fees of pupils.
• considers applications for one-off grants towards specific additional costs, to support equality of provision of a rounded education for that pupil. This might include claims for school trips, transport, exam fees, extra-curricular activities, instrumental tuition, uniform costs or similar. Typically grants may be in the region of £500-£2000 per pupil, but the Trustees will consider others at their discretion.
How to Apply:
• The application must be supported by the ISA Member (usually the headteacher or principal of the school).
• The application form must be completed and submitted by the ISA Member, in liaison with the family.
• Proof of the existing means-tested bursary (ie a letter from the relevant funder) must be submitted with the completed form.
• If you are a pupil or parent reading this page and interested in applying, you should contact your headteacher.
• The application must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Applications are considered two or three times each year, dates are published on the ISA website.
• To be considered, complete applications must be received by the deadline (usually two weeks before the meeting)
Terms and conditions
Please see the application form for detailed information about the grants.
The school undertakes to abide by the conditions on the application form.
If awards are granted, these are paid on receipt of the invoice from the school.
The Deakin Trustees make the final decision on any individual award.
Funds are limited and it is not possible for all applications to be granted.
Next meeting dates of the Deakin Scholarship Fund Trustees (provisional):
14 March 2022 – All applications for consideration at this meeting must be submitted by 28 Feb 2022, complete with all accompanying paperwork.
1 July 2022
2021/22 academic year – available
Contact the ISA CEO with any questions.