Deakin Scholarship Fund
A fund to support pupils attending ISA Members' schools. The Deakin Trust considers applications for one-off grants towards additional costs of schooling. Full details of how to apply can be found on the application form.
Primary Criteria for eligibility to make an application to the fund:
- The pupil must attend an ISA Member’s school.
- The pupil must already be in receipt of substantial means-tested* bursary funding from the school and/or another fund (at least 50% of published full school fees).
- The family must require additional support for the costs of additional items relating to the education of the pupil, on top of school fees (i.e. the item(s) for which funding is requested should not be covered by the existing means-tested bursary).
- Each school may make a maximum of one application per Deakin meeting. If the application is for siblings, then one form should be completed for each child, but if submitted at the same time, these would be considered together and would count as one application.
*Fee remission schemes, such as staff discounts or sibling discounts, are not sufficient to qualify.
How to apply
- The application must be supported by the ISA Member (usually the headteacher or principal of the school).
- The application form must be completed and submitted by the ISA Member, in liaison with the family.
- Proof of the existing means-tested bursary (ie a letter from the relevant funder) must be submitted with the completed form.
- If you are a pupil or parent reading this page and interested in applying, you should contact your headteacher.
- The application must be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are considered two or three times each year, dates are published on the ISA website.
- To be considered, complete applications must be received by the deadline (usually two weeks before the meeting)
Available for 2023/24 academic year. Contact the ISA CEO with any questions.