Date(s) - 04/03/2021
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for all staff who require up to date information on drugs issues and how to work with pupils who may be using or thinking of using any of these substances.
This course draws upon the most up to date research to explore the rapidly changing drugs trends in the UK. In particular the training will examine the increased use of new psychoactive drugs, issues around the increased potency of illegal drugs such as MDMA and the increasingly popular ‘grey market’ for online prescription drugs, such as Xanax and Zopiclone.
We will also explore the particular problems to mental and physical health associated with ‘poly – drug use’ i.e. the use of a range of substances at the same time.
Delegates will examine the particular issues raised for Independent Schools and the pros and cons of drug testing pupils.
- To explore how and why patterns of drug use are changing
- To examine the impact of new psychoactives substances
- To gain an understanding of the problems associated with poly-drug use – in particular the impact on mental health
- To understand the increasing role that the internet and social media (Snapchat, Instagram) are playing in drugs culture
- To explore appropriate harm reduction advice to give to those using New Psychoactive Substances (NPS)
- To understand where further help, information and advice is available
- To explore the issues around advising pupils
Each participant will receive a course information booklet, drugs education resources, a DANOS linked Certificate of Attendance and free subscription to the ‘Drugs Now’ e-zine.
Course tutor: Drugstraining.com
*We are a CPD Member and this course is in the process of being CPD accredited. A CPD Accredited Certification will demonstrate recognisable improvement within your proficiency and skillsets, and compliment your career aspirations.
“Staff found the day very interesting and useful and it provided them with a lot of information and practical advice. The professional and engaging delivery by Liam demonstrated his experience and breadth of knowledge of the subject area. His willingness to answer questions and tailor his talk accordingly was very much appreciated.” Ann Meisner, Oundle School
Secured by WorldPay