Copthill Independent Day School
Suitable for: any SLT and teaching staff looking to develop their outdoor learning provision, Forest School and other outdoor practitioners
A hands-on day spent outdoors with Kim Hudson, Education Consultant from Inspiring Outdoors and staff from Copthill School, designed to build your confidence in taking your students into the school grounds for learning and play.
The day will include overcoming barriers, involving students in the process of learning outside, and trying quick activities from a variety of curriculum areas. With years of experience teaching beyond the classroom and being an assessor for the LOtC Mark for schools, Kim has lots of ideas to share and Copthill School is the perfect venue to encourage creative thinking about how you can use your school grounds to their full potential.
- Consider the benefits and barriers to embedding outdoor learning and play in your curriculum and discover how to justify the move to senior management, parents and inspectors, including effective risk management
- Explore Copthill’s innovative and creative outdoor spaces including Forest School areas, fort, saxon village, WW1 trench and gardening spaces
- Experience low cost/no cost activities throughout the curriculum
- Identify further learning opportunities within your curriculum to offer experiential learning in your school grounds
- Reflect on your own practice and develop a way forwards to using and developing your school grounds further
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email email@example.com
Secured by WorldPay