This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
All secondary schools are required to build on primary-level relationship education to deliver ‘relationships and sex education’ in England. This training will cover:
- What does this statutory duty require a school to cover and how should schools prepare these changes?
- What are schools required to include in a sex education programme?
- How much flexibility will schools have?
- What content is compulsory?
- How do schools engage with parents?
- A written policy for RSE will become mandatory. But what does a good Relationships and Sex Education policy look like?
Attending this course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the context, principles and practice for teaching high quality Relationships Education
- Agree what their school’s RSE policy should include
- Become familiar with exemplar materials and approaches
- To be equipped to answer questions from learners, colleagues and parents
- To be confident in working with sensitive issues
- Use the practical strategies and schemes of work in school
- Identify a developmental approach to the topics which need to be studied
- To experience and share some interactive teaching/learning techniques
Course tutor: John Rees
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secured by WorldPay