Location: This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
Who should attend?
Governors, Proprietors, Heads, Deputy Heads, Director of Studies and anyone else responsible for the quality of education within the school.
The course will discuss how EQIs are inspected, particularly the link between the various impacts of school life on the outcomes for the pupils, and how to show the school’s evidence, with opportunity for questions to be answered throughout the course. You will also consider briefly self-evaluation and parents’, pupils’ and staff questionnaires
Aims of the course:
- To understand cause and effect and provide evidence
- To develop reflection and self-awareness
- To be ready for inspection including a quick round-up of recent changes to regulations
- To develop a greater awareness of your role during the inspection
What you will learn:
- Making the link between impact and outcome – cause and effect
- Having a greater awareness of how well their school is promoting pupils’ well-being through the two outcomes by reflecting on their school’s practice
- Understanding how they can make the inspection work for them by bringing their strengths to the notice of the inspectors, and being open about their proposed future actions for improvement
Course tutor: Liz Coley
Feedback from previous delegates
“Very professionally delivered. It increased my knowledge significantly and highlighted various issues which will aid our overall improvement aims.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed this course and derived a lot from attending.”
“Very informative and lots of interaction due to the relaxed atmosphere created.”
When asked which parts of the course delegates found most valuable they said:
“Insight of what an inspector would expect and therefore what I need to do”
“Discussion on how to evidence some of the ‘newer’ aspects relating to use and progression of some of the less academic skills.”
You might also be interested in these Inspection courses
Secured by WorldPay