[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Date(s) - 19/03/2020
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
St Clare's, Oxford
Designed to maximise the effectiveness of professional development conversations, this course is for any member of a school team that is a line manager, or for any member of staff who ever has to feed back to a colleague after a lesson observation.
Who should attend?
Proprietors, Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Heads of Department, Heads of Year/ Key Stage, and any colleague who regularly observes other teachers’ lessons and wants to provide feedback that can be heard, not felt.
Aims of the course:
- Develop the understanding of how coaching works as a communication and development framework
- Practise and improve coaching techniques through interactive training
- Enable staff with a clear, effective model for coaching that can be used for most coaching conversations
- Enhance the skills of staff who are line managers in order to maximise the effectiveness of feedback
- Participants will leave with an understanding of key coaching models, and strategies, that will enable them to feel more prepared when approaching a coaching conversation with colleagues
- Everyone taking part will also gain a useful insight into how the anatomy of a coaching conversation develops in the moment, and how to successfully adapt to changing
- Opportunities to observe and/or practise having coaching conversations in a safe and supportive space will develop colleagues’ practice when faced with future coaching conversations
Course tutor: Adrian Blake
You might also be interested in these Leadership and Management courses
Secured by WorldPay