Date(s) - 11/03/2020
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Heathfield Knoll School
Lead your staff to deliver outstanding teaching through practical skills and strategies
Suitable for: Middle and Senior leaders who want to aspire to an outstanding level of teaching and learning in their school.
This ‘hands-on’ course looks at the criteria and processes that school leadership will need to both understand and apply to be graded “excellent” within the new ISI framework. The course highlights and explores many of the features of excellent provision and will offer delegates practical and applicable examples to make an instant impact within their own schools.
The main areas that will be covered will be effective lesson planning, observing lessons to improve practice, topics in assessment for learning and learning skills.
- To provide a forum in which ideas regarding excellent provision can be shared and exchanged
- To provide colleagues with a framework for lesson planning that can generate excellent teaching and learning outcomes
- To examine how marking practices can be adapted to improve outcomes for learners whilst remaining manageable for teachers
- To look at ways to promote learning skills and the impact that these can have
- To know about a novel approach to planning which empowers staff and supports school leaders.
- To know about a range of simple formative assessment techniques that will benefit staff and students.
- To know how to promote outstanding teaching and learning through effective CPD.
Course tutor: Dr Mark Whalley
Feedback from previous delegates
“Really focused the mind and achieved all the course outline stated – super outcomes!”
“A great course which was invaluable. Came back to school with lots of inspiration and some immediate action points!”
“It was very refreshing to attend a course about the nuts and bolts of our profession rather than regulatory matters.”
When asked which parts of the course delegates found most valuable they said:
“Vision was clear and the discussion on what evidences ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning”
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email email@example.com
Secured by WorldPay