This course is run by a practising psychiatrist who uses her expertise to educate professionals on the issues surrounding mental health, as well as how you can help your pupils build resilience.
Mental Wellness in children and young people
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- How to spot symptoms of mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- How to manage student’s anxiety at stressful times such as exam periods
- Self-harm and suicide, identification and management
- Mental Health first aid
- What is resilience?
- Introduction to developing young people’s resilience
- What is Academic resilience?
- What is Staff resilience in schools?
- How bullying affects mental health-self harm
- Practicing Mindfulness, Mental health first Aid and other strategies to improve resilience in vulnerable young people
Course tutor: Dr Kiran Nijabat
Feedback from previous delegates
“This is the best workshop I have ever attended on mental health.”
“Lots of practical ideas to take back to the classroom”
“A very exciting session, geared for our classroom, thank you!”
“Extremely personable and informative, allowing us to be involved, ask questions and discuss concerns.”
You might also be interested in these Mental Health courses
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email email@example.com
Secured by WorldPay