[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Date(s) - 29/04/2020
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Who should attend?
- Chairs of governors
- Governors with responsibility for safeguarding, safer recruitment and the SCR
- other governors and senior managers, including heads
- To develop understanding of the legal requirements for governance in a charitable trust school
- To show how governors must have oversight and record this?
- To help governors prepare for inspection
What you will learn:
- An understanding of the regulations (ISSRs)
- An understanding of key areas of specific oversight required
- How a record of checks and of information gathered by the governors should be maintained and how this will be needed for inspection
Course tutor: Gwen Caddock
Feedback from previous delegates
“This was the best course I have been on. It helped identify areas of strength and weakness in our governance to enable us to focus on ways to improve.”
“Gwen was amazing, a privilege to spend the day with her and grasp insight into her breadth of knowledge and experience”
When asked which parts of the course delegates found most valuable they said:
“The workbook was very useful and we were given lots of opportunity to ask questions”
“Completing the workbook alongside the framework with Gwen and other delegates”
Secured by WorldPay