[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Date(s) - 21/04/2020
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Who should attend?
Aspiring or established middle leaders (subject and pastoral) with an interest in effective monitoring and evaluation methods.
Middle leadership can be a tricky business and requires a broad range of skills. This course focuses on some of these skills, especially those involved in monitoring and evaluating performance.
- To discuss a range of tools that can be used by middle and senior leaders to monitor effectiveness of provision in school and be used to raise standards
- To promote reflective practice by all leaders in schools
- To enhance knowledge and understanding of key leadership tasks that will enhance career opportunities for middle leaders
- To know about simple and effective ways to monitor the quality of teaching and learning including a simple framework for conducting lesson observations
- To know about a range of uses of stakeholder voice (Pupils, Parents and Staff) and how these can be effective in monitoring
- To know about ways of monitoring the quality of leadership (including your own) and how to use this to improve practice
Course tutor: Dr Mark Whalley
Feedback from previous delegates
“The speaker was excellent, and gave a lot of good advice.”
“Clear structured programme. Teacher had excellent knowledge. Great activities. Able to answer questions & provided examples.”
“A worthwhile course with lots to cascade down”
When asked which parts of the course delegates found most valuable they said:
“Listening to a very experienced leader who could contextualise the content”
“Practical suggestions for managing colleagues and a variety of situations”
Secured by WorldPay