Date(s) - 24/11/2017
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Heathfield Knoll School
Are you looking to progress into the Senior Leadership Team?
Do you want to understand the leadership qualities required for the role?
One of the signs of exceptional school leadership is the numbers of colleagues who go on to become school leaders themselves. As senior leaders it is our job to support middle leaders to develop the skills to become highly effective school leaders. We appreciate this is a time consuming process for any Head or Deputy, which may mean you would appreciate some assistance in developing the leadership styles of your staff.
Proven strategies for excelling as a Deputy Headteacher in your school
Suitable for: Middle leaders and aspiring deputy heads who want to understand and prepare for the role of Deputy Head teacher.
“How to” guide to the role and responsibilities
• Getting the job, applications and interviews
• Working collaboratively: understand the head’s vision
• Day-to-day operational duties vs. strategic leadership
• Advancing policies: effectively deploy and develop staff
• Leading high-quality teaching: developmental activities
Make a positive impact from the beginning
• Work beyond ISI to benefit the school
• Bring coherence to: Curriculum, Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• Use planning to build success from the start
• Develop your leadership styles: which to use when
Build for long-term success – how to:
• Identify the priority areas for your school
• Build and sustain high performing teams
• Bring colleagues into your shared vision
• Get things done without micromanaging
• Performance management: Develop and manage your staff’s performance
Course tutor: John Medlicott
You might also be interested in these Leadership and Management courses
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Secured by WorldPay