Holme Grange School
What the day will cover:
- Introduction. Historic and global perspective, the road to inclusion. Inclusion is the way for most independent schools, BUT, you cannot take them all. The Admissions Process and assessment. Where do you place cognitive ability v disability? Watch out for legal problems. What about governors?
- Language issues and their resolution without a therapist.
- So you have the children, what about the teachers? SEND children spend most of their time in “ordinary lessons.” So teachers need rudimentary and on-going training. How to deliver a short course to all your teaching and boarding colleagues. (Handouts available)
- What about behaviour? Unstructured time. Social communication. Emotional and mental health. The importance of language in each of these.
- What about the children? Getting them involved in their education. Targets and checking progress.
- Using all the above to enthuse inspectors.
- Exam matters
*suitable for MA Postgraduate modules accredited by the University of Winchester
You might also be interested in these SEND courses
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email email@example.com
Secured by WorldPay