[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Date(s) - 16/06/2021
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Who should attend?
Proprietors, Headteachers, Senior Leaders, Heads of Department, Heads of Year/ Key Stage, and any colleague who regularly observes other teachers’ lessons and wants to provide feedback that can be heard, not felt.
Designed to maximise the effectiveness of professional development conversations, this course is for any member of a school team that is a line manager, or for any member of staff who ever has to feed back to a colleague after a lesson observation.
Aims of the course:
- Develop the understanding of how coaching works as a communication and development framework
- Practise and improve coaching techniques through interactive training
- Enable staff with a clear, effective model for coaching that can be used for most coaching conversations
- Enhance the skills of staff who are line managers in order to maximise the effectiveness of feedback
What will you learn?
- Leave with an understanding of key coaching models, and strategies, that will enable delegates to feel more prepared when approaching a coaching conversation with colleagues
- Gain a useful insight into how the anatomy of a coaching conversation develops in the moment, and how to successfully adapt to changing
- Opportunities to observe and/or practise having coaching conversations in a safe and supportive space will develop colleagues’ practice when faced with future coaching conversations
Course tutor: Adrian Blake
For those who require accommodation, the Crown House Hotel is a short walk from ISA House. Mention you are attending an ISA course when booking, to receive a preferential rate of £85.
Secured by WorldPay