[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Location: This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
Who should attend?
The course will be extremely valuable for Headteachers, Senior Leadership Teams and Team Leaders because there is an expectation of leaders to understand what motivates each person in a team, and enable them to perform at their best. This is a huge challenge for leaders, especially when teams are widely dispersed, and time feels scarce.
If Leadership is the act of causing results through others, then knowing what people need and want gives you a huge advantage when it comes to motivating, rewarding and communicating with your team.
The purpose of this course is to explain how motivation influences our behaviour, how we can inspire greater engagement from others, and how motivational blind spots may be negatively affecting our current performance. Motivation is the energy that triggers action and sustains progress, so it is vital to understand if you want a team who consistently deliver great results and regularly go the extra mile.
The course will be led by an experienced facilitator who creates a relaxed and creative space where delegates can participate in interactive activities and thought-provoking exercises to rehearse new skills and techniques.
Aims of the course:
- Equip leaders with further knowledge and skills to make a bigger difference with their team
- Reinforce leadership capability with greater awareness of why people think and behave in different ways and demonstrate how this knowledge can be applied constructively
- Develop more powerful communication skills to handle difficult people and influence positive outcomes.
What you will learn:
- Understand core motivators and how they influence people’s choices, actions and results
- Learn how to leverage natural strengths and recognise potential weaknesses
- Discover strategies to improve communication, teamwork and productivity
Course tutor: Guy Shackleton
You might also be interested in these Leadership and Management courses
Secured by WorldPay