Location: This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
Suitable for: Persons responsible for recruitment practice, for maintaining the SCR, or for Senior staff and Governors responsible for checking the SCR in practice.
We are giving schools the opportunity to attend a workshop focused on their Single Central Register – ensuring it is compliant, and therefore ready for when the inspector calls. Delegates will have the chance to work with an experienced Inspector, who will tell them exactly what the Inspectors need to see.
- To develop understanding of the legal requirements for safe recruitment and keeping the SCR
- To be able to check the school’s SCR effectively through understanding of the requirements
- To ensure that the school fully implements the requirements for safer recruitment
You will take away:
- Secure knowledge of the requirements and where to look for detailed information about safer recruitment
- Competence in recording the recruitment information required in the SCR
- Competence in undertaking well informed checks on the SCR and employment practice
Course tutor: Gwen Caddock
Feedback from previous delegates
“A very good presenter, very informative & concentrating on most salient points. I particularly found the ‘hands-on’ approach very useful.”
“This is the first course I have attended with yourselves and it was very well presented. Gwen has such a wealth of knowledge. I gained so much.”
When asked which parts of the course delegates found most valuable they said:
“The practical element where we could use our own SCRs and our own SR policy. I also liked that it was a small group so the leader was able to help us all out with our individual queries for which there was plenty of time.”
“As it was limited numbers it gave a good opportunity to raise many questions particular to our setting.”
You might also be interested in these Inspections courses
We are running this course again online via Zoom on 22 April.
This event is fully booked. To be added to a waiting list, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secured by WorldPay