Who should attend?
The Youth MHFA course is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for those people that teach, work, live with or care for young people aged 8 to 18 years.
You will learn how to provide information, tools and techniques to promote a young person’s mental and emotional wellbeing, as well as how to support a young person who might be experiencing mental and emotional distress.
MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Youth Mental Health First Aider.
You will learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing mental ill health
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issue
Course tutor: Mental Health First Aid
Please note delegates are required to attend both days of the course to obtain accreditation.
Accommodation, if required, must be booked separately. The Crown House Hotel is within walking distance of ISA House. If you mention ISA when booking, you will receive a preferential rate of £85.
You might also be interested in these Mental Health courses
Bookings are closed for this event. To check availability, please contact us on 01799 523619, or email email@example.com
Secured by WorldPay