Location: This course will be run online via Zoom. Full details of how to join will be sent in advance of the day.
Who should attend?
This training is suitable for anyone working in schools who is invested in the wellbeing of their students and is passionate about helping them develop emotional and psychological wellbeing and resilience. The core message is how we can teach essential life skills and the importance of a whole school approach to wellbeing. It is of particular use for front line staff including Teachers, Heads, Deputy Heads, Pastoral and Wellbeing leads.
This course is run by a qualified psychotherapist, who will break down mental health and wellbeing exploring contributing factors including stress, resilience, emotional intelligence and communication.
- Provide school staff with a deeper understanding and definition of mental health and wellbeing
- Provide an overview of stress from a bio-psycho-social model and how to manage it
- Define resilience and the key factors in building it as an essential life skill
Delegates will leave with:
- Enhanced understanding of improving emotional and psychological wellbeing
- Tools to help young people manage stress, build resilience and communication skills
- Techniques to encourage more open conversations about mental health
Course tutors: Lisa Jones
You might also be interested in these Mental Health courses
Secured by WorldPay