[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Date(s) - 09/06/2022
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Heathfield Knoll School
Suitable for: Aspiring or established middle leaders who would like the opportunity to explore the nature of leadership.
Every leadership role is different because every school context is different, and every leader is a unique individual. Rather than approaching leadership development as teaching a set of core competencies, this practical, one-day course aims to develop leadership capacity of individuals. The central belief is that we mould leadership around the individual, rather than forcing the individual into the mould.
- To discuss and analyse a range of personal and professional attributes that are important to develop as emerging middle leaders
- To promote reflective practice as a tool for developing emerging middle leaders
- To provide opportunities to discuss and reflect upon current leadership practices
- To promote practices and attitudes that will improve leadership resilience
- To know what good, and bad, leadership looks like
- To understand personal aspects of leadership including motivation
- To know about the factors effecting the well-being of leaders and to consider ways to manage these
Course tutor: Dr Mark Whalley
You might also be interested in these Leadership and Management courses
Secured by WorldPay