[SLP] This is a Senior Leadership Pathway course and attendance works towards the ISA Certificate in Advanced School Leadership (4 credits). See more information here.
Date(s) - 08/03/2022
10:00 am - 3:30 pm
Who should attend?
- Chairs of governors
- Governors with responsibility for safeguarding, safer recruitment and the SCR
- other governors and senior managers, including heads
- To develop understanding of the legal requirements for governance in a charitable trust school
- To show how governors must have oversight and record this?
- To help governors prepare for inspection
What you will learn:
- An understanding of the regulations (ISSRs)
- An understanding of key areas of specific oversight required
- How a record of checks and of information gathered by the governors should be maintained and how this will be needed for inspection
Course tutor: Gwen Caddock
Feedback from previous delegates
“This was the best course I have been on. It helped identify areas of strength and weakness in our governance to enable us to focus on ways to improve.”
“Gwen was amazing, a privilege to spend the day with her and grasp insight into her breadth of knowledge and experience”
When asked which parts of the course delegates found most valuable they said:
“The workbook was very useful and we were given lots of opportunity to ask questions”
“Completing the workbook alongside the framework with Gwen and other delegates”
For those who require accommodation, the Crown House Hotel is a short walk from ISA House. Mention you are attending an ISA course when booking, to receive a preferential rate of £85.
Secured by WorldPay